View Single Post
      02-12-2013, 11:45 PM   #23
tcw
Captain

Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W. View Post
Wow, nice pics.
Is the kit completely installed? How long did it take, and what's your skill level?
I finished wiring the meth today, but as of the original post the turbo kit was installed.

Here is a time line:
Thursday 1pm-8pm: Subframe turbos exposed (subframe lowered, misc. things removed, waterpump/thermostat removed, passenger side motor mount removed, intercooler removed)
Friday 12-9: Turbos removed (water lines are PITA to get out of the block/turbos)
Saturday 11-930: ST installed, DP installed, waterpump installed
Sunday 11-7: Intercooler tapped and installed, meth ran to IC, subframe installed, misc. reinstalled.
Tuesday (today) 12-7: Figuring out how to wire meth, AEM boost, flow sensor, etc., then installing it, trim DME cover (pictures added to first post), clean up engine bay, install pump in trunk, clean garage some, take pictures of parts to sell (AR DP, stock turbos, misc stock parts.)
Thursday: Install DME and a couple feet of small meth tubing (I was about a foot short with the 4 nozzles) & then start her up.

Hmm... skill level.

Experience:
On this car... JB4, BMS WW meth, bumper/sideskirts, CIC/combox retrofit (not a kit).
Prev cars... multiple clutch swaps, camshaft/valve springs in LS1, engine swap in Ford Probe (in the snow, in a gravel driveway, during highschool).
Does mechanical engineering student count for anything?

Updated Pictures:

2008 335I E92, AW, VFF700, 18" Forgestar F14, M3 front/side, M-tech rear, AMS IC, H&R Touring Cup Kit suspension, HID AE, ER Charge Pipe & Synapse BOV, CIC Retrofit, Quafie, DSS, Defiv Lockdown, SPEC 2+/Steel SMFW, Walbro 450

Last edited by tcw; 02-12-2013 at 11:58 PM.