View Single Post
      02-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #124
1QuikWS6
No 55mph

Drives: 09 E92 328iX N51 3-Stage

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post
Installed mine yesterday and the holes didnt line up to the screws after they were in the plastic guide pins, so i had to cut them off. (see pic)

Brightness wise, they are bright. However they project the light to far far from the rear, and it looks like there can definitely be a few more leds added.
Well, that's mighty strange, because both of mine lined up with the pins and the screw holes perfectly...

Did you install them correctly? Looking at the back of the light, the cut off corner of the Lux Reverse mounting plate needs to be on Bottom and towards the Center of the car - as in pic shown by Lux in post #6

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...38&postcount=6

It is entirely possible you installed them in the wrong side light and had the cut off corner pointing up - which means you cut off your pins for no reason

I highly doubt Marc & Lux would release a product that doesn't fit correctly - especially since these have been out for a while, and they would have received feedback that they did not fit from earlier customers. They do a great job of quality control that I have seen

For anyone that is not certain of how these install - here is link to Lux Reverse DIY done by B-737:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=220

And pics of my install showing Left (PS) tailight:

Note how mine looks with cutoff corner @ bottom/right - looks different than yours

2009 328ix E92//SGM//ACS Roof Spoiler//MTech Aero Lip+Trunk Spoiler//M3 Side Skirts//CF Roundels+Grilles//M3 Novillo Interior//Perf Shift Lever+Boot//MPerf DCT Wheel//M3 GT3 eBrake Handle+Boot//ACS Pedals//M3 Mirrors//LCI Tails w/LUX Rev//DTEC V7 AE+MTec 6000K D1S+HPB HID 6000K Fogs//HPB LED Interior//RPI Scoops//CF Euro Airbox+Underhood Hsgs//K&N//BMW PE//MTech Rear Bumper-iS Sport Diffuser//CF Strut Brace//Vishnu OFT//BMW 193M's+Kumho 4X
1QuikWS6 is offline   United_States