View Single Post
      02-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #6974

Drives: BMW

Originally Posted by fabian View Post

I`ve got two questions which drive me bananes here in the office without the change to get to my car ;-/
a few days ago my chargepipe poped off my throttle body during acceleration. After that I had nearly no power, no push from the turbo...
just had a few minutes to my garage where I fixed it. Afterwards I`m just wondering why there was no Enginelight, even no fault code was found with the AP.
Is this normal? I would expect a "boost under target" error or something like this, but nothing.

with this in mind I come to my second question ;-)
My current setup: 135i AT + DCI + AMS FMIC + Forge DV + Catback Exhaust + OTS Stage1+ Sport LT (no downpipes installed yet)

the car makes the expected power within the first 2-3 gears but at least at the 4th gear the power is a bit lagge before 4000rpm.
The car pulls until 4000rpm but feels a bit held and then after 4000rpm it REALLY makes power... the difference is very noticeable, like changing from 50% throttle to 100%

Still no Error codes.
Sitting here in the office I could imagine so many things but hmmm, what do you think?

- ECU learned bullshit because of the "now fixed" boost leak?
- Boost overshooted and is beeing retarded?
- Timing correction (logged about a month ago without timing corrections in the sports map but this was before FMIC, DCI, Forge DV install)
- Leaking Forge DVs? or maybe laggy DV reaction?
- another boost leak?

had no time and not really dry roads this days for logging ;-/

EDIT: or maybe this is due to the restictive oem downpipes which are still installed ?
It's probably that there just isn't enough gear eduction in 4th gear for the car to start pulling until you get some revs up. The catted DPs definitely aren't helping, either.
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne