View Single Post
      02-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
JasonDCarton
Captain

Drives: BMW E90

Garage List
2006 BMW E90  [4.75]
Talking $60 Angel Eye Upgrade

Hey everyone, I wanted to share a seller I found that sells strong quality Angel Eye Bulbs for a great price. I understand a lot of new people here try and make this one of their first upgrades, and for a good reason because it makes your car look awesome to oncoming cars.
As for Angel Eyes you really have three options (imo) you could get LUX, MTECH, or an off brand for a fraction of the price, however by getting an off brand you risk having poor quality.
Many members here get LUX and/or MTECH and love the results. As you should for paying around $300. I however being a college student did not want to pay that much but i DID WANT A WARRANTY (heard too many stories of bulbs going out from friends and first hand experience). Doing some research I came across BMWLED.net which sells different types AND has a 1 year full warranty. I ended up ordering 10W Cree for $60. (They have other wattage as well and also provide for e92's) After installation I could not be more happy. For $60 I am blown away. In the day light I would rate the visibility up close about a 6/10, but from afar in broad daylight I would rate about a 8/10. As for dusk/night, they look incredible. Here are some pictures and link to the website. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask.
As mentioned earlier, LUX and MTECH are fantastic brands from what I hear, but if you do decide to go a cheaper route, I would check out this website mainly because the quality imo is great and it has a warranty.

One Side Note: For 2006 E90, the housing for the Angel Eye's are supposedly smaller than other years, so you have to make a small modification to the unit. It;s very easy and took me about 45 seconds per bulb. I have pictures included in a step by step

http://www.bmwled.net
Attached Images