Originally Posted by JoshLee89
1. Clean Carfax
2. 2 owners (second owner owned it for just 6 month and drove 3,000miles) is this something that I should worry about?
3. According to BMW’s service record:
a. At 23K miles: “Cylinder head cover cracked/ broken/ torn off” and “Fuel injector permanent damage.”
b. At 28K miles: “Fuel injector Fault code stored in diagnosis fault code memory (warning lamp on)”- NO IDEA what this means..
I’d say the exterior condition is between “Excellent to Very Good”. I can tell that it’s been taken car of. Engine runs smooth with no problem. Front tires are basically new and back tires have 7.5 left (based on the gage-dealer says it’s pretty good)
So, to simplify my questions!
1. Based on the options (like M-Sport Package), is Out the Door price of $37,500 a good deal?
2. Is that still a good deal based on the fact that the 4 series is coming out later this year? (I fear for a drop in resale value)
3. Handle is a little loose/light for a BMW. I like the tight, secure feel of the BMW steering wheel but are all BMW convertible handles a bit loose?
4. When I brake from high speeds (80mph), the handle shakes.
5. When I go over bumps with the roof on, a little rattling noise from the
back area…is it normal?
6. The dealer mentioned that I should get “Easy Care” warranty after my factory warranty expires and not get the maintenance warranty. Is that a solid warranty to get?
I know it’s been a long post, but thank you so much for bearing with me!
Any and all comments would be very much appreciated!
w/r/t 3: Does it have active steering? That could make it feel lighter than normal BMW steering.
w/r/t 4: The brake rotors may be slightly warped and may need to be machined down or replaced. BMW may do this under warranty, but can't be sure because they are wearable parts.
w/r/t a & b: Maybe worth calling up the dealer that did the service, or another you trust, and ask them if these are serious issues that could cause long-term issues. I am not sure, but "a" sounds a little serious, but probably nothing some part replacement could take care of.