View Single Post
      02-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #904
Killerfish2012
Major

Drives: BMW 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by millseyent View Post
It is overheating though, i get the amber then red warning symbols, my coolant temp shoots up to 120+ deg C, but after shutting the car down for about 1 minute the temp drops down to around 100 deg C and the fault clears.

Everything points to it being the coolant sensor or the pump, but BMW have said they are fine, so I am at a loss as to what else it could be
What is your mileage, and how old is the car? Looks a lot like a failing water pump to me, as this is exactly what happened to me. Could also be a failing fan. So you need to buy a code reader like the peak scan tool, and pull the code to find out what component is wrong. Guessing at it, isn't the right approach.
Cobb AP, K&N, AA Catless DP, AA Custom Hybrid Axlebacks, ETS 5" FMIC, BMS dp fix V3, Meyle HD; Tie Rod Assembly, Control Arms, Fr/Rr Swaybar End Links. Koni Yellow Shocks, Megan Race Strut Bar, Wavetrac LSD, Ar design Oil cooler, 1M Water Pump, Low Temp Engine Thermostat, Zimmerman Cross drilled Rotors, Textar Brake Pads, Pilot Sport Cup Tires, Valentine 1