View Single Post
      02-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #55
sohlman
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E90 330iSE

80db was the decibel level I set for both recordings (approx). New system will go much higher probable up to 100db maybe more. I have not tested the max, but it makes my ears hurt well before the max of the system. With the old system we were at about the max.

Original system was tuned as best I could. New system was flat eq no time alignment or tuning of any description. I was a little disappointed in how the sound in the recording came out, but when in the car it is remarkable. Both were played from the original CD

Both recordings were taken with the same equipment. Spectrum analyser wise the overall picture was fairly slanted where as the new system was much more level.

The new system allows much more of the sound to be heard from the original recording. You hear detail and can hear the fingers on the fret board on a guitar and bass that was invisible before likewise you can almost her the skin stretching on a snare drum, and I can now tell which make and model of guitar is being used just by the tone. Before I could hear a guitar.

I am now enjoying my music. My next step is to fiddle with the settings, time alignment etc. my only concern is that it sounds so good I don't want to ruin an already great sound.

My installer was seriously impressed with the sound quality out of he box.

You do need to hear for yourself. The bass is very tight and fast, but with no ring. The bass note from the sub has a clear start and finish which is how I used to set up the bass drum when I was doing live sound for my sister back in the day.