Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchdaddy View Post
Done couple so far.
VIR (2*)
Watkins Glenn
Summit Point (Main)

Ran VIR first time with PFC pads, massive issues on braking, lots of shatter, to the extend that I didn't feel comfortable driving the car on track. Switched back to stock pads, no issues at Watkins Glenn in using these.....

I fit 275/35/18 Hoosiers in square setup on the car, no rubbing, no issues.

I have a 1994 Miata for track duty....
From your track experience, I must admit that mine was only on the short Jefferson Circuit, so I guess a different (i.e., longer and faster) track would have been much harder on the brakes. Aside from my slippery OEM tires, the only other thing that I was worried about was the brakes, and the stock setup seemed to be just fine.

Next HPDE I will have to totally recalibrate my expectations with a modified suspension, new lighter wheels and better tires, and maybe a tune job. With the short Jefferson Circuit I was fine with my basically stock D (except for the Bilstein B6). I was/am not a talented enough driver to push the car beyond its current limits. I am the limiting factor, not the car.
Mods-Etc: Quaife LSD w/VAC finned diff cover, M3 Rear SF Bushings, M3 sways & OEM Susp Front/Rear Cmpnt Kits ('cept strut brace), GC Caster/Camber Plates, AC Schnitzer M3 Sport Springs, JRZ RS1 dampers, JBD 100%, Goodrich SS brake lines, non-stggrd APEX ARC-8 18" wheels with Michelin PSS tires (winter OEM 17" wheels and Blizzak LM-25).
335dFan is offline   United_States