View Single Post
      02-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #38

Drives: 2008 e92 335i 6MT

Originally Posted by badassfajita
Originally Posted by jetblackcoupe View Post
The hate coming from older people towards younger people who received the car from their parents is pathetic.. As if they would have rejected a similar offer had they been in the same situation... "Hey would you like a BMW?" ... "No thanks I'll take the 1995 civic"

If you worked hard for your car, congratulations. Doesn't give you the right to condescend in such a stupid way.
I disagree--the hate in that situation is not towards the kid who got the car, but the parents who bought them the car. IMHO, no 16-18 year old needs 300hp under their right foot, even if it is used.

Most younger folks don't appreciate what they have--though many who have responded in this thread seem to be genuinely grateful.
Whether it is a 115hp Jetta or a 500hp Lamborghini, an immature/careless driver is an immature/careless driver. The extra horsepower does not give anyone an excuse to blame any party... Some older people are still irresponsible and I would not trust them with any kind of car. You have a point in that the extra hp may be tempting for a young person to use, but it won't matter if the person is responsible. Age is correlated with responsibility, but that does not mean there are no exceptions..