View Single Post
      03-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #42
maupineda
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E87 130i

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
I have the Eurobox with the Dry AFE filter vs regular OEM. Others on babyBMW use the euro BMW performance intake filter, K&N euro or Pipercross. BabyBMW users didnt like oiled filters.

You can find gaisn with a modification to euro box in the style of Simota or even GruppeM, called Intake mod on Baby BMW originated by evoglyn.

Ingen intake is another option, it comes with dry option. It is an open filter intake. The open vs closed debate seems to favour closed or long tube open intake( we have no room for one)
Thanks for the tips. I found the topics you referenced on babybmw but donīt feel sure about cutting off my box as they are expensive. I currently have the oiled K&N and have not had issues at all. I will do a maf clean sometime soon though.

I think I will leave the OEM box with the filter I have and save for the Evolve R Tune. I won't see as good gains as you did but according to them I should see another 15 horses. If I can hit the 280 mark I am more than happy. I already have the BMW PE specific to the 130i and with the resonator delete is sounds wonderful.