View Single Post
      03-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #19
Jumping Jack Flash

Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
Originally Posted by Persian Whisperjet
Originally Posted by 335dFan View Post
PW, how would you compare the Jefferson Circuit to the Main Circuit? Speeds. Demands on brakes. Level of difficulty. Etc.
335fan I am not familiar with the Jefferson circuit, but re the main circuit, I am a novice driver and at this level I have an instructor with me in the car. There are two places in the main course that are hard on the brakes, Turn 1 at the end of the front straight, and Turn 5, the carousel.

Just looking at the map, the main circuit is a lot bigger and faster -- the 335d (zero mods) was hitting 120 down the front straight. I could hit the brakes at 300 feet and have no trouble making Turn 1, though in general I would chicken out and start at 400 feet. In Turn 5 I was going maybe 45-50.
PW, thanks. That was the perfect answer. I was also a novice on the Jefferson circuit, also no mods. On the longest straight I could achieve a smidgen over 100 mph. So 120 would make a lot of difference on brakes (and courage) getting ready for the turn.
Quaife LSD w/VAC finned diff cover, M3 Rear SF Bushings, M3 sways & M3 OEM Susp Front/Rear Cmpnt Kits ('cept strut brace), GC Caster/Camber Plates, AC Schnitzer M3 Sport Springs, JRZ RS1 dampers, JBD 100%, Goodrich SS brake lines, non-stggrd APEX ARC-8 18" wheels with Nitto Motivo tires (winter OEM 17" wheels and Blizzak LM-25).