Jumping Jack Flash
United_States

Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persian Whisperjet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dFan View Post
PW, how would you compare the Jefferson Circuit to the Main Circuit? Speeds. Demands on brakes. Level of difficulty. Etc.
335fan I am not familiar with the Jefferson circuit, but re the main circuit, I am a novice driver and at this level I have an instructor with me in the car. There are two places in the main course that are hard on the brakes, Turn 1 at the end of the front straight, and Turn 5, the carousel.

Just looking at the map, the main circuit is a lot bigger and faster -- the 335d (zero mods) was hitting 120 down the front straight. I could hit the brakes at 300 feet and have no trouble making Turn 1, though in general I would chicken out and start at 400 feet. In Turn 5 I was going maybe 45-50.
PW, thanks. That was the perfect answer. I was also a novice on the Jefferson circuit, also no mods. On the longest straight I could achieve a smidgen over 100 mph. So 120 would make a lot of difference on brakes (and courage) getting ready for the turn.
Mods-Etc: Quaife LSD w/VAC finned diff cover, M3 Rear SF Bushings, M3 sways & OEM Susp Front/Rear Cmpnt Kits ('cept strut brace), GC Caster/Camber Plates, AC Schnitzer M3 Sport Springs, JRZ RS1 dampers, JBD 100%, Goodrich SS brake lines, non-stggrd APEX ARC-8 18" wheels with Nitto Motivo tires (winter OEM 17" wheels and Blizzak LM-25).