View Single Post
      03-12-2013, 01:58 AM   #15
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 949Banker View Post
don't have an iphone 5, but been having issues with my ipad mini. another member on this forum said that with just the authentic apple lightning to usb cable he was able to get his iphone 5 to get audio and charge going in his e90. i had tried getting the same cable from the ipad mini to the usb dock. it doesn't charge nor does it send out audio. any ideas? do you guys think ipad minis just suck or what?!
Using the lightning-USB cable, or for that matter, dock-USB cable (in the case of an older device) only works if you have a combox. Not if you have 6FL.

Quote:
p.s. more than likely i have a combox in this 08 e92 335xi...
No you don't. You only have a combox if you have iDrive, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't even a thing in '08. Anyway, the regular old USB cable would have worked if you did.

Quote:
question is, if i get the ycable connected with a lightning to 30 pin adapter, will i be able to see data of songs and artists on my non navi equipped head unit?
Since we've established that you DON'T have a combox, but rather 6FL (a MULF), yes, the Y cable and lightning adapter should work just fine.