View Single Post
      03-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
ViperJPB
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Garage List
2009 E90 335i  [0.00]
Dealer Damaged Steering Wheel

So I have had my E90 2009 335i for 4 years now. My first BMW and I baby it like crazy. I only have 21,000 miles on it in 4 years too.

Yesterday I took the car in for some service. In the process of showing the rep the seatbelt issue in the back seat I noticed he jumped in my drivers seat on his knees leaning over to the back to see. Was annoyed but didn't say anything. When I came back to get the car I found the damage done by his boots hitting and adding two half inch scuffs to my leather, heated, sports steering wheel! I told him about it and he looked at it and the stitching and said you know I can order the parts and have this re-wrapped. I was stoked!

But now I'm a bit concerned. Is this "re-wrap" going to use the same OEM quality leather, with the same grain, same feel, same thickness? Is it going to be as tight and quality fit as it is stock? I custom ordered this car from Germany. What about the heating elements. I called and left a message. Hmm...should I let them do this or am I asking for it? Thx.

2009 E90 335i 6AT / Procede / Vishnu DCI / Space Gray / Oyster Dakota Leather / Light Burl Walnut /
/ Sport, Premium, Cold Weather Pkg / Paddle Shifters / iDrive / Logic 7 / Park Distance / Comfort Access / iPhone Port/
ViperJPB is offline   United_States