View Single Post
      03-16-2013, 01:11 AM   #104
E90MCF
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 06' AW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow191
Not a BMW, but I did the console on my FX. Tired of looking at the black plastic. It's 3M Scotchprint brushed titanium which almost perfectly matches the OEM trim.

Also, question about applying vinyl to new paint. Sadly, the 335 was hit in the parking lot of my son's daycare a few days ago (somehow, the other person didn't see it). It's at the shop now being fixed, but they said I'd have to wait either 30 or 60 days for the paint to cure before I could rewrap. Any tips on how long it actually takes? They weren't 100% positive since they don't know vinyl, they just know that it's recommended for 30 days before clear film gets installed. I want to wait the proper time, but 2 months seems a bit long.
I've never wrapped a car that's been freshly painted or even re-painted.

Vinyl needs time to adhere to the surface as well except that it only takes 4-5+ days
- OEM Blacklines - 3M Di-Noc Matte Dry Carbon Vinyl Roof - 19x8.5/19x9.5 Miro M6 Replica 'Time Attack' - 17x8 OEM Style 159 Spider Spoke - Matte Black Grills - LED Interior Kit - License Plate LEDs - CF Roundels/Wheel Caps -
E90MCF is offline   Canada