View Single Post
      03-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #285
andyrap
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: E91 320D M Sport Plus

Send a message via Skype™ to andyrap
So I met up with Sam (Makkan00) on Saturday night to sort some coding on my E91. Firstly - what a top guy giving up a couple of hours on a Saturday evening after work. I'm based way down in Dorset but was in London for a couple of days working so Sam was actually the most convenient coder for me.

Anyway, the main goal was to code my HU to hifi and unfortunately being a late (awkward) E91, the car won. Sam tells me the base units with bluetooth built in need coding over MOST / fibre but it was no big deal. I can live without for now

On to the rest of it, we went all out for just about everything possible on my car. So here's the list. I don't think I've forgotten anything!
  • Flashing headlights on alarm
  • Max volume on alarm
  • Follow me home / welcome lights on remote press
  • Panic alarm on remote
  • Folding mirrors on lock from remote (selectable) - THIS IS SO GOOD!
  • Adjusted angle of auto-reversing mirror (went a bit far in retrospect, but should save my alloys when parking...)
  • Comfort unlock on engine stop (I think that's what it's called). Basically hold the Start/Stop button to kill the engine, and the keyfob ejects, lights come on and the doors unlock. It's very cool.
  • OBC functions - true speed (GPS accurate), instant MPG)
  • Max brightness for angel eyes

I'm really pleased with everything Sam did. It unlocked some very cool features that make the car that little bit better to use. The mirror fold on remote is my favourite feature by far seeing as I'm a perpetual mirror folder. Really recommend getting in touch with Makkan if you're interested in getting anything coded. He really knows his stuff and is a great guy.