flip4335
General Nuisance in a Private Conveyance
United_States
Rep

Drives: like it's rented

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacki View Post
Hope this thread is not too old to revive.

Now, I would like to upsize the tires to 245/35 in front and 265/30 rear. This should not pose a problem according to people at DTD I've talked to, but it does increase the sidewall height slightly, putting more rubber between me and the road, which should translate to a bit more comfort.
If you put the above sizes, you will have front wheels at 25.75 inches, nearly half an inch taller than the rears at 25.26 inches. It is over 1 percent difference front to back and could potentially further screw up your speedo readings. You will also be looking like the back end is sagging due to the height difference, so you would be looking at the sky, rather than the road (exaggerating and kidding). 235/35F, 275/30R is perfect for 19-inch wheels, where the rears are taller than the front by .02 inches. Try the tire rack calculator at the top of this forum to determine the correct size, and you can't go wrong.

BMWCCA Member # 414198 Slightly Modded|e90|SGM|6MT|LCI MSport Conversion|MTech|Premium|Cold|Sport|Tint|Blackline |219M|PSS|Quaife|Helix|AR Catted|Cobb
Quaife Review: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311570