Captain
Rep

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Garage List
2006 Volvo V70R  [5.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by prohumanitate View Post
I'm moving to California in a couple months and will be making the move in an 07 335i coupe with nearly 80k miles. I'm not transporting anything heavy with me on the trip, but I'm wondering if anyone has any insights on racking up that many miles in a short span of time with light modifications (for me, DCIs and JB+).

I'm planning on getting a pre-road trip tune-up, but does anyone who's driven across the country with mods have any advice on things to look out for?
Probably the only thing that would cause a headache is if the water pump died on you. Otherwise, there are not any obvious things that could go wrong.

Assuming you will be on the highway most of the way, they are about the easiest kind of miles you car would see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc 22349a View Post
Enjoy the ride! I drove across Western US a couple years ago and had a blast! Get some kind of mobilty kit in case you get a flat in the middle of nowhere
+1, a mobility kit and probably a tire plug kit could be a good combo... and maybe a travel/scissor jack (we don't have one, right?).

FORMERLY: 128i coupe
Alpine White | Sports Package | Black Leather