04-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #140
335iaz
Cause their greeaaaaat!!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: SBM E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmasterx View Post
Cool! How reliable has the car been at those high mileages? Any major repairs or preventative maintenance that you have done?

I plan to keep my 07 335i until at least 100k, and only have about 55k now.
Car has been pretty good for the most part. I had the fuel pump replaced sometime at around 50k I believe. 3 big things have happened recently prior to my CPO warranty expiring at 100k.

1) I was complaining about a rough idle (I think it was around 80k miles) and upon further investigation, the valve cover gasket was leaking. So they replaced it.
2) I took the car in for normal service somewhere around 90k miles. They mentioned that my bushings needed replacing, (800 bucks) but also noticed that my sub-frame had been bumping into my alternator causing it to take chunks out of the belt. There is a service bulletin out on the sub-frame ... I was lucky and BMW picked up the tab on replacing the sub-frame, the new one is soo different.
3) At apx 102k miles my thermostat went into stuck open mode, so I had my thermostat replaced.

I have had some fuel injectors replaced over time under warranty as well .. but outside of that. Car has been running great, I changed the rotors/pads at apx 95k miles. Not bad having 95k on the stock brake pads Also, the clutch is still feeling great ...

I take the car into for its normal service at my local dealership.