View Single Post
      04-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #140
Cause their greeaaaaat!!!!

Drives: SBM E90 335i

Send a message via AIM to 335iaz
Originally Posted by Artmasterx View Post
Cool! How reliable has the car been at those high mileages? Any major repairs or preventative maintenance that you have done?

I plan to keep my 07 335i until at least 100k, and only have about 55k now.
Car has been pretty good for the most part. I had the fuel pump replaced sometime at around 50k I believe. 3 big things have happened recently prior to my CPO warranty expiring at 100k.

1) I was complaining about a rough idle (I think it was around 80k miles) and upon further investigation, the valve cover gasket was leaking. So they replaced it.
2) I took the car in for normal service somewhere around 90k miles. They mentioned that my bushings needed replacing, (800 bucks) but also noticed that my sub-frame had been bumping into my alternator causing it to take chunks out of the belt. There is a service bulletin out on the sub-frame ... I was lucky and BMW picked up the tab on replacing the sub-frame, the new one is soo different.
3) At apx 102k miles my thermostat went into stuck open mode, so I had my thermostat replaced.

I have had some fuel injectors replaced over time under warranty as well .. but outside of that. Car has been running great, I changed the rotors/pads at apx 95k miles. Not bad having 95k on the stock brake pads Also, the clutch is still feeling great ...

I take the car into for its normal service at my local dealership.