View Single Post
      04-13-2013, 11:08 PM   #17

garyhgaryh's Avatar
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: santa cruz

Posts: 1,208
iTrader: (4)

It is possible. You have to buy your own tire machine.
I'm looking to buy one, but the ones that can change runflats and low profile tires are expensive - about $3000.

You can get a manual tire changer from HF, but it will only work up to 16in rims and difficult to do runflats.

You can also buy a standard tire changer for about $1000 and make it work with runflats but you're going to have to be a little ingenious on pulling the bead over the lip of the rim w/o damaging your tires.

I'm going to purchase a standard tire changer and weld an arm to help with removing runflats. It'll probably cost me about $800 for the tire changing machine.

I'll keep you guys updated if I am able to do it.


Last edited by garyhgaryh; 04-16-2013 at 04:39 AM.