Thread: Sos Malfunction
View Single Post
      04-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #21
tinnsoldaten
Captain

Drives: e92 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by afsar View Post
This problem generally means there is something wrong with the MOST bus, here are the possibilities:

1) One of the unit on most bus is dead/non responsive
a) Check BT unit, its most connection, its power connection, its fuse.
b) Check L7 unit for the same as above
c) Check CDC unit for the same as above
d) Check HUD for E6x for the same as above
e) Check any other fibre optic connected device like TV,DVD changer etc for the same as above
2) Open most bus connection
If MOST port is left opened, e.g. the port for OPS (in the glovebox) somehow become loose and its connector came off, very rare but possible.
3) Broken/twisted most bus fibre optic wire
Super rare but possible, if problem appeared after recent change/retrofit then look for twisted/damaged fibre optic wire
Problem will be among these possible situation. Generally I have seen if power is disturbed to a most unit then it simply breaks the most ring and you get this problem. To isolate it you need to buy most bypass part from dealer and you can individually bypass each component to see if problem is due to that unit. Isolate and identify is the key to work on ring topology network.
I disconnected the panel under steering colum during routing of some cables , I disconnected everything that was connected to the panel , panel is not installed yet , but I put power back on , and when key is in , I get the SOS symbol , no need to worry once I hook everything back together again?

And I have one more issue you might could help me with ...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...battery+charge
Vargas S2 turbos|VAC S3 Cylinder head|RR DPs|RR MPs|Supersprint X pipe|Remus Quad Sport mufflers|aFe Stage 2 Si with scoops|Forge DVs|ER CP|BMS meth elbow|Aquamist HFS-4|Walbro 450 E85 LPFP|AA FMIC|BMS OCC|Cobb stage2+ agressive FMIC LT|P3 Boost Gauge|JIC CROSS Competition Coilvers|M3 sways F/R+ Ground control endlinks|Vorsteiner v303 19"|Michelin PS2 sport|Quaife LSD|Vorsteiner V35 CF hood|CF CLS trunk|Duke Dynamics quad diffusor
tinnsoldaten is offline   Norway