View Single Post
      05-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #59
makisupa
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 e90 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmo72 View Post
Thanks! A while back when I scheduled my appointment with Doug he let me know that the shark fin doesn't hold up well when wrapped. It can be done and I've seen others wrap it on the forum but I believe they use two pieces so you end up with a seem. That would of bothered me every time I looked at it. I didn't want to plasti dip since I went with a gloss black vinyl so the matte wouldn't look good.

I had three weeks before my appointment with Doug so I ended up ordering an OEM shark fin replacement from BMW for like $50 and had my body shop paint it for me. My brother and I get a lot of work done there and they ended up not charging me for the paint so I think it was worth it to go that route.

IMO....you need to go black on the fin. Leaving it silver just looks tacky. What are you getting for wheels?
I was thinking about getting a new OEM shark fin and having it painted because it will drive me CRAZY if they don't match. I'm not in favor of leaving it silver for the same reason, looks like you half assed the job. The key for me is matching, and yours looks great! I've seen some plasti dip fins that look good, but I'd rather paint it. Where did you score your fin? Gonna pick up some 19" CSL reps, probably VB3s in hyper silver.