Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
2022 m340i  [0.00]
2017 330i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateLurker View Post
I can't fathom why you deserve "donations" from other members to finish such an unnecessary and excessive upgrade. You made a horrible impulsive mistake shipping your only vehicle, a $40-50k luxury sports car across the country to be the guinea pig of a huge custom project. If you don't have the funds to even ship your BMW back to you, you need to sell your car and reprioritize your life. I'm not at all surprised your wife is pissed. If I were her and you pulled this shit, I would leave.
Agreed. It sounds harsh but this is the truth. There are people starving out there and people are donating money to a guy who has a luxury car trying to do an overpriced & unnecessary upgrade while rejoicing that "there is hope for humanity".
The total cost of ownership on a single turbo car isn't for the shallow pocket fellow, I speculate...
Eric, say you get donations sufficient to sort things out, and I hope you do, you'll have an absolute time bomb on your hands. If you say you'll drive it carefully, you're kidding yourself. The first time something breaks again... Then what?

Family > cars

Good luck. You're much more patient than me, to have allowed a company that didn't show any significant signs of growth by any stretch have your car for that long and sit so dormant with it.

To the business owner that doesn't notice something like this, it's not a wonder it happened in the first place IMO. Especially if it occurred gradually as opposed to quickly.
Appreciate 0