05-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #123
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec500 View Post
What are the conditions that cause the misfires? Higher RPM's? Cruising? When my coilpack failed, the car just misfired all the time and followed the cylinder when moved.

When I had sporadic misfires like yours, it was not the o2, but rather the injectors. But in my situation it was confined to ONE bank, where as yours jump between banks.

I think the only thing left to try is to replace all 6 injectors if you have not already. When I had a similar issue, I replaced all 3 injectors in the mis-firing bank and my misfires have yet to return.
It happens under high boost (map 5 E85 15PSI+) and under a lot of load. For example in map 5 I can do a pull from 0mph to 70mph just ripping through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and it will almost always be smooth as can be with no hiccups. Once I put it under load like 4th gear at 35-40mph for example, it will build boost then once boost is built start shaking until it throws a code and shuts down one cylinder.

Autocouture was as puzzled as I am and said they think I should make sure I have all new injectors. Since I did cyl 5 a few weeks ago and cyl 3 last summer they said I should just do the other 4 cylinders. My only thing that makes me think it might not be that is that one of my misfires on Saturday was a cylinder 5 misfire. They said maybe the first cylinder in the bank is misfiring then slowing down the others which results in cylinder 5? Since today was essentially all cylinder 4 misfires with one cylinder 2, it makes me think it could possibly be injectors. Some other suggestions i've had from people is cleaning or replacing Vanos, doing all 6 coil packs, or replacing both rear o2's
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0