View Single Post
      05-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #20
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Good grief....a thread about a thread that hasn't been started yet. Whatever next??

Anyway, what drugs you people on.....M6 over SLS??? REALLY???

I can't bloody believe it - I sort of understand it when the people I come across in everyday life (who know little about cars) say they prefer the looks of the M6 (it is a more pretty car), but YOU LOT??? Come on chaps, we're meant to be proper petrol heads goddamit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileadam View Post
But do YOU prefer it to the SLS?
Given the statement above, no comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysix View Post
Do you know what colour it is at least?
Yes I do thank you. It's very nice too. Like a browny beige shade....one from BMW's new palette

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Love the M6 mate, she is a crackin' colour too!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufchenko View Post
Were there any more pics of the SLS? (apart from the one at the filling station at night)
Yes, yes I have. It took me that long to get back from germany last friday that I stopped off at my aunt's house in Kent. Woke up the next morning to take it to BMW and thought 'shit, I bets get some pics of this car'!

But it says a lot that, apart from that first day I got it and those photo's taken at night, this was the first time I remembered to take some photo's!

I'll upload my final photo's of it on here shortly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
I didn't like the SLS. Their, I said it.

I'm with the crowd that prefer the m6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgandy View Post
^^ me too. The SLS isn't that great. It doesn't look like a super car, not does it have the sex appeal of a DB9 for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvernator View Post
No I'm with you on this one too, in fact I think I mentioned prefering the XKR-S to it on the original thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
I didn't like the SLS either, not sure why, but really didn't like anything about it.

Such a lack of love

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
How embarrassing is that for a 'supercar'? Isn't part of the fun only getting 15mpg out of one......
Yes, shameful. I filled it up yesterday and it came to only £105, after having done about 350 miles. It felt so wrong that I stood on the Shell forecourt and pumped vPower NITRO onto the forecourt floor just to make sure I was back in my comfort zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briers View Post
Probably the best GT coupe in the world right now.
Correct, it's very good. Just can;t bring myself to appear too excited by it having just sold my favourite car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
I am sure it is a really focused drive, but I always think 'Someone with more money than sense.'
Now I know that is probably not the case as Andrew buys sensibly and would only buy a car if it was good, but that is the impression it gives, well me anyway.
Well, I've never been the most sensible with cars and money but the SLS, at the price I bought it, was always very low risk. You'd be a nutter to buy one new, no matter how much money you had.

Then again, this is from someone who's just bought a new M6 which, despite being very cheap versus the list price, won't be as low risk as the SLS
Appreciate 0