Ansonlai
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
Hi Anson,

Welcome to the forums. To answer some of your questions:

1.) The angel eyes are H8 globes. To change it from "Yellow" to "White", it is just simply a globe replacement. There are no coding involve. Refer to LUX Angel Eyes V3 or the latest V4.

2.) I have a Galaxy Note 2, and I have no problems connecting it via bluetooth. I believe the mobile phone adapter is simply if you want to charge your phone and play music from your phone. As for nav updates, for the love of god don't pay $400 bucks for a DVD. Google is your friend.

3.) IIRC refer to DR-JEKRL's build thread, as I believe he had changed all his interior bulbs into LED.

4.) They are mechanically durable, and imo it all really comes down to the owner's maintenance. Since you haven't really bought the car yet, I would suggest getting someone to do the pre-purchase inspection first, and have a look at the service history before buying.

Hope that answers all your questions.
Thanks for the reply.

For the angel eyes, I saw a thread probably here or somewhere else stating a coding is needed to make the Parker light (angel light) "on" all the time so that it serves as a DRL?
And LUX, is this the whole brand name? I couldn't find anything for this on the Internet.....instead, I am thinking about Mtec, but that costs about $200....
Appreciate 0