View Single Post
      09-18-2007, 06:11 AM   #7
marmite
Private First Class

Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkeng View Post
Although I have the Dension unit sitting in my office, I had the dealer ipod installed the other day. The woman told me it was a USB iPod interface and it was substantially more than the older kits. I believed her. Turns out it is just the old retrofit kit; no USB.
You should complain, that's not right. I hear/see that the official ipod/usb (6FL option like) retrofit kit is available now for some specs, see other thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83201

I dearly want that - the Dension GW500 sounds great, but it's so expensive and so much hassle to do if you haven't got a CD changer already. And in the UK where I am the dealers costs are substantially more - I worked out for GW500 it would cost me 850 (~$1700) with cost of fit, dealer supplied CDC, coding and GW500 itself !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkeng View Post
Loads the playlists fast, but on my not full Nano, artists, songs, etc take several seconds. The sound seemed good the one time I used it. After they had to keep the car overnight to finish it up (after telling me it was ready), I had trouble opening the glovebox when I picked up the car. A little fiddling with the key got it open twice, but since then I can't open it to get to the cable. You can imagine my satisfaction with this.
have you any further experience on how often this 'several seconds' delay occurs, everytime you get in car??
BMW xdrive30d M Sport Space Grey, Black Nevada, Aluminium Trim, 19" 369M alloys, Prof. Media package, Visibility package, Access package, VDC, Sun Protection Glass, Front Seat Heating, Split-folding rear seats, Sun Blinds, Lumbar support, Extended Storage, Business Stereo, DAB, Tel. USB audio interface, 6NR, 614 Internet.