View Single Post
      06-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #16
robc1976
DIYER
Rep

Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostaholic786 View Post
I second that as well.... I have a buddy with your exact setup minus brakes, diff lockdown kit and a couple other things but is on RB's AR downpipes, and cut the secondaries out and placed the "quiet vibrant resonators" (they have a super quiet, quiet ect..) and straight pipes all the way back with muffler delete...He has a very very slight rasp at 2200-2400rpm's but nothing like I just heard. I really think it makes a difference where they are placed for sound quality and where the secondaries go is kinda a perfect place.

I was an idiot and did the Akropovic setup downpipes back which was a WAIST of money IMHO.. Dont get me wrong, it does sound good but not for the money I paid. I can do exactly what you did or my buddy actually and get similar results without the money I spent :-/

Oh well lesson learned
I saw your post a while back and you literally save me $2800 lol! So do the regular vibrant resonators still perform close to the "quite" ones? Do they obstruct flow at all our is us just more packing.
JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, Motiv 750 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295