View Single Post
      07-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
gangzoom
Major
Rep

Drives: E90 335i M sport

Additional oil cooler options in the UK for the 335i.

I've given up pretending I can stop spending money on mods for the car, so might as well go all out and get everything I want on the car done.

One thing I'm very interested in exploring is the option of an additional oil cooler for the 335i. I'll never track the car, and rarely push the car any where near its limits but given how quickly the oil-temp climbs I'm quite keen to explore what cooling options they are available for the the 335 in the UK to keep the oil temp under control, I wonder if anyone has experience of any of the following...

1) BMW power kit, comes with a larger fan and additional water cooler. Explored the option of fitting this ages ago but my local dealer were hopeless, but I notice Birds now offer it.

2) AR design kit, looks nice, but need to pay a fair amount to get it imported and fitting wouldn't be straight forwards.

3) VK kit, similar price to the AR kit but looks easier to fit, but not so good reviews.

4) Leave it alone (The sensible option), since I never push the car to any where near its limit .

I already have a Forge intercooler, and AR downpipes on the car.