View Single Post
      07-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #6
BanziBarn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D E90 LCI Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Are you confusing planning permission with building regs approval?

Provided it doesn't need planning permission, then having the structure in place but not yet signed off doesn't matter until you come to sell. Its not illegal to not have BR approval it just means there's a risk to a buyer that it may have to be fixed or altered later to comply. Them knowing or not makes no odds to indemnity, in fact to stipulate withholding facts from BR would be illegal in itself.

Afaik any conservatory would need BR approval, or an approved industry self cert like FENSA in lieu.

You need BR since April 2004 to even fit a single new door or window, but if a FENSA approved contractor fits it they can sign it off.

If not you have to pay BR to come out and do it.
Nope, I'm not confusing planning permission with regs. I have no idea if it has planning permission (nothing on the council website for my address) but as it's been there since 2003 I'm not worried about that. Also, that puts it before your 2004 cut off too.... does this change anything?

So, is an indemnity about planning permission, not building regs then? From what you say it sounds like it.

If it's not illegal not to have building regs, why would it put a buyer off? Would it simply be that they can't be sure the structure is safe?

Back to planning permission, I guess I need to check for sure that these new tiled roofs are indeed allowed from a planning point of view - I believe since 2010 they are.

I currently have a poly roof - agreed that it's important that I determine that the structure can hold one of these roofs.

http://www.diyconservatoryshop.co.uk...nd-Fitted.html

This part is interesting, although I'd not take anything writen on the net as gospal! "Guardian roof system has recently been registered as an acceptable roof replacement for your conservatory with the LABC* ( Local Building Control )"

http://www.e90post.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2148&pictureid=44259
Appreciate 0