07-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #62
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340 Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplant13 View Post
There's a reason why BMW uses forged wheels!!!! Any type of cast wheel is going to be soft, and have a chance at bending. I've hit pot holes and I ruined 2 tires this past winter because of them; but while my winter tires got destroyed, my OEM wheels (used for my winter setup) are in perfect shape.

I've got Morr vs8.2s for my summer setup, which albeit are expensive, but worth every penny. But if you can't afford a set of $3500 lightweight forged wheels, then spend the $1800 and get a set of OEM wheels, or even look for some used M3 wheels online that someone is selling. A $1000 set of cheap cast wheels will look great in your driveway, but that's about it.

You're driving a BMW for Christ's sake, not a Kia! People should go aftermarket only to improve their car, not weaken it! So if you're not prepared to shell out the money, leaving it stock is a wise choice. Last time I checked BMW made some pretty high quality cars....
Well said! Aftermarket only to upgrade the quality says it all. Save your money and go forged. It will save you money in the long run.....