Colonel
Germany
Rep

Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330d E91 LCI

Garage List
2009 335i  [4.39]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangzoom View Post
I think in reality I really don't need a bigger cooler, its just un-nerving to see oil temp getting close to 120 in hot weather and just cruising....plus I'm fast running out of bits to change for the car
An oil temp of 120 degrees Celsius is nothing to worry about at all. When you're getting past 130 I would start thinking about a bigger oil cooler; otherwise this does not really seem necessary. It all depends on how you drive your car - if it is tuned and you frequently go on a track with it, an additional oil cooler is certainly a good option. Otherwise there are certainly other mods that make more sense in daily driving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangzoom View Post
Didn't know about this will have to have a look. Both the VK and AR items seem to have compromises, an additional oil cooler in conjunction with the existing looks like a good option.
The VK option does not exist any more, that company has been out of business for years.

And I wouldn't recommend the AR Design that much - it certainly helps a bit, but replacing the OEM oil cooler with a bigger core - similar to what idnan and myself have done or what Evolution Racewerks is offering - is IMO a much better option.

Alpina_B3_Lux