View Single Post
      08-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #39
tony20009
Brigadier General

Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfriceman View Post
Do not by from a dealer but from a wholesaler/broker, generally you pay a % of the asking price which ususally has a cap at a total $$ amount paid(when I purchased, my fees were 5% of wholesale auction price not to exceed $2,000).

These brokers carry high-line 2-3 year old lease return vehicles, there always cheaper because they have small inventories and no service or parts departments. I have done this twice and have saved thousands below fair market retail dealer pricing.

To the OP, in your market go to eleasereturns.com....they are fantastic and tell Joe I said hi.

-Kevin
I think in general, and particularly for someone not buying a CPO car anyway, that's an outstandingly good suggestion. Were I a prospective 335i used car buyer, however, I would be somewhat reluctant to use this channel because I would want as much warranty protection as I can get with a 335i. Obviously, if the price savings is sufficient, then this is still a good idea, even for a 335i.

For the following example, what would you expect to pay a broker/wholesaler?

2011 335is coupe, 18.2K miles, nav, premium package, HK radio. Dealer listing is $43K and it's a CPO car. This is from an actual listing at my local BMW dealer right now.

I know that minimally one could with no effort at all buy that car from the dealer for $40.5K.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
tony20009 is offline   United_States