View Single Post
      01-22-2006, 02:55 PM   #5
Tierfreund
Major
Rep

Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsjd00
Tierfreund, thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed reply. It sounds like the majority of us will be very happy with Logic 7. Of course, who knows, I may follow in your footsteps and go aftermarket!

Just out of curiosity, what do you use as an audio source? I'm guessing you only listen to CD's, but I'm wondering if you've tried connecting an iPod through the dock connector. With your system and your ears, you'd be the best person to analyze the loss caused by iPod's digital to analog converter. (I'm the poster who started this thread.)

Thanks again for your time.
I use the HU CD Player and an IPod through an IceLink. I must admit, that for convenience, I use the Ipod most of the time although a CD clearly sounds quite a bit better. On the Ipod, of course it matters a lot how youve coverted the material. Many 128Bit Mp3s truely sound dreadfull. But if you convert your CDs yourself to the AAC format or at least Mp3 with 256KBit and VBR, the quality is acceptable. The AD-Converter of the ipod if fine if its fed with decent quality material

Let me put it this way: When I want to show my system of, I put in a CD. When Im alone and just cruising, on goes the IPod.