View Single Post
      01-25-2006, 08:31 PM   #5
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States

Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretender
For those of you who have installed the alarm yourself in your Pre-September E90, this is your chance to get it activated for free. In the next few weeks, BMW will send out a recall letter of the software update on pre-sept e90. You can bring your car to the dealer for the software update and ask them to program your remote to get the "chirp" arm/disarm sound. You could get it for free if the service advisor's nice enough or if you promise to give him/her "5" on the service rating.
My service advisor gave me: Daylight running, Car/key memory (regconize personal profile when door unlocked), Driving-off Door Lock, Visual and Audible Alarm Arm/Disarm, Active Driveway Light (headlights stay on for 40 seconds after removing the key).
Good luck to you all.
Just so I make sure I'm on the same page with you, are you saying that the items I've always been told where never going to be available for my built in May 05 330i, (i.e. Daylight running, Car/key memory (regconize personal profile when door unlocked), Driving-off Door Lock, Visual and Audible Alarm Arm/Disarm, Active Driveway Light (headlights stay on for 40 seconds after removing the key), are now going to be available via this recall letter on the software update? Which update is the recall associated with?