United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i, 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [9.50]
2006 330i  [6.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by branmace View Post
Battery since production, 2006, so over 7 years. Local auto store tested 12.8V and tried to jump start. Car started but after 30 min of drive or so tried to start and nothing. Something with BMW's IBS technology...

First of all, I apologize for this late response, I had to leave town and could not do anything to my car.
Second of all, thank you all for your input as I understand BMW repairs are $$$$ and diagnostics are a pain. Particularly, after the $2k+ I had to cough up a week prior to this...I hope you understand my frustration...
So I towed it to the dealer and the mechanic stated faulty battery. The windows still can be opened, hence the black color on the battery eye sight. But this indicates soon to be yellow/orange and a complete dead battery. So my follow up question, how much? $250 for the battery, $150 for diagnostic, for a total of $510 with tax and tow. Damn, I see now what they mean by free full scheduled maintenance...You pay for it, double, after the 50k miles.
Your battery should be color white and made by Exide, same as mine. It should not cost you more than $180.00 and you should do the job yourself. Its easy. No coding or programming is needed on these kind of batteries. I replaced mine back in March and is working great. Part# 61-21-7-586- 961
Appreciate 0