View Single Post
      11-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #27
Powaup
Colonel
United_States
32

 
Powaup's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT F82 M4
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Oakland, CA


Posts: 2,016
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by regular_joe View Post
You have quite a few options, depends on what you are able to do / live with. While reading on keep in mind that by february the residual rates will have gone down and at that point you are going to be looking at high monthly payments as a consequence.

1) If you can in fact write the lease payments off for your dad business then 100% lease. Now don't lease a brand new car at this point because of residual rates. Take over someone else's lease on a bmw that that is active for the next year. During which time you can wait for the 2015 availability and then jump at the release dates which will yield high residuals (60%+) and low money factor/APR %.

2) if you cannot write off the payments, then your next option is to finance. pretty straight forward. however, I would wait until the interest rates go back down in spring to 0.9% and not at the current 2.9%. Beater car it until then.

3) (personal biased option) When financing, lets say a brand new $50,000 at 2%, you will have paid an extra $10,000 ($50,000*2%) for this car for no reason at all. (there are more factors but lets keep it simple for arguments sake) Pure profit for the dealership and corporate bmw. I would wait and find a year old M4 and purchase that one after it has depreciated. This way keeping its value longer based on what you paid for it and not the purchase price of brand new. Secondly, you will have not paid anything extra interest wise to dealership.

If i made any mistakes feel free to correct them guys.
1) This option is feasible, although i'm not too trilled about leasing 60% residual sounds nice

2)Yea I would probably look for a 2011 e92 M3 and get some extended warranty (which will cost me about an extra $3K I think), thanks to the college grad incentive I get the 0.9% APR if I get a car from a BMW dealer prior to September 2014

3) Your math is wrong, 2% of $50,000 is actually $1,000 which isn't too bad. And I plan on getting a New M4 via ED so I will save some bucks there

It really all depends on pricing of the M235i, price of the M4, will ED for either cars come out of Dealers allocation, will the price of e92 M3s drop abit once M235 and M4 are launched or will dealers be willing to negotiate on pricing (Tried getting a CPO M3 last July for $56K and the dealer would not even budge $1K even after the car had been on their lot for almost 3 months)


Thanks
__________________
2015 /// F82 M4 | AW-Blk Ext | 6MT | Executive | Adaptive Suspension | Black 19's
Youtube Channel

CSUN 2013 17/80 @ FSAE West Lincoln, Nebraska