View Single Post
      12-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #24
derryck
Captain

Drives: 2009 335 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by J38 View Post
Go for it. If you can do a timing belt job you should be good to DIY most things.

Wrong.

Right.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Right.

Go for it OP. That's the best bang-for-the-buck out there. Most people trying to dissuade others are the same people who pay dealership prices for everything. "I spent $1200 on spark plugs, damn these cars are expensive!" The majority of people looking to lemon their cars have buyer's remorse over the payment, the purchase, or want something else, etc, and are looking to Lemon Law them to get out of them. I have seen it and heard the conversations. It's like insurance fraud only the owner gets more value out of the buyback. I've seen a lemon 335i that went 20k miles without a single issue after being lemoned. Great for used value, but the carfax looks like a bomb went off. Don't let that scare you man. A non-lemon '07 will have the same issues as a lemon '07. Enjoy the pricing and post pics!
It's hard to rely too much on information from biased forum members. My state is 100% accurate...you won't find many 335s at that price so it is a cheap entry price but it probably requires some $ignificant work. My 335s and BMWs in general have been extremely reliable but I take excellent care of my vehicles. That being said I have 2 MDXs that are my DD...
derryck is offline   United_States