View Single Post
      12-17-2013, 11:21 PM   #9
fazman
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericfox11 View Post
Good deal. I think I will stick with the dealer, that way I have someone to blame that I know will fix it if anything goes wrong!

The dealership told me that my rear brakes are "crystalized" and that might be what is causing a squealing noise coming from the rear at low speeds. Sounds kinda like a wheel bearing is squealing or something though. Does this make any sense? Crystalized?

Thanks for the input.
There was a thread by OneBadMofo, who figured out the cause of the squeaky rear brakes. The issue is over time the brakes rust and you really need to take everything apart and sand down the rust + add some grease to the affected area so it resists rusting in the future. Some people cheat and bend that part to get more clearance to avoid the squeak but the right way is to clean off the rust. The rust takes up space which is already a tight squeeze anyways.

I think you can get a set of BMW rear pad's for about $100 and the set of rear rotors are about $150-ish? The rest is all labor cost, if they don't clean off that rust then you will still squeak.
fazman is offline   United_States