Patronus86
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

Garage List
2013 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post

The M3 simply put just has better "factory" suspension, and braking power. However, this is nothing short for a 335is to overcome since the same suspension and braking upgrades for the M3 are also available for the 335is
Really? Is the Performance suspension upgrade option (not the default sport suspension) for the 335is the same suspension that the M3 has? Spring rates, shocks are all the same? And you can fit M3 brakes to the 335is? Do you need a certain wheel size to accommodate those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveD08 View Post
There's something to be said about rarity, the previous "IS" equivalent was the ZHP package on the E46 which are now selling for more than the M3's with similar miles. I've always been a fan of getting something not common when it comes to cars, the 335is fit the bill for me even though the sticker on my E93 ($69,575) could've gotten an M3. Plus, you throw $2500 at a 335 (Tune, DP's, Intake, FMIC) and you'll have a car with tons more power than you'll ever need.
Yeah, the 335is as a stock car is rare, but do you think it will hold value, or even appreciate in value, the same way the 1M did? The 1M is truly an exclusive model because it had all kinds of performance bits thrown into it (LSD, suspension, tuned N54, ect.) That thing's resale value has gone up because it would be very hard for someone to take a stock 135 and mod it into a 1M type car. By comparison, the a tuner or proficient DIY modder can take a stock 335 and easily mod it into something that rivals or outperforms the 335is.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 335is and the tuned engine, that's why I bought it. I just wonder if it will hold value and stay exclusive the same way the 1M does? So far it hasn't, but once enough N55 engine cars hit the streets, maybe?
Appreciate 0