02-01-2014, 04:33 PM   #12
F06msportmia
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdub679 View Post
I've had these installed about 2 weeks now, and although I wouldn't say I've driven extensively on them, I do think I've driven enough to know what the differences are. I'll list my alignment settings at the end as well as a reference. I should also note that this is a street driven car. It will never see track time.

First my expectations...I expected better turn-in. Initial turn-in response is improved, but this is not the main affect. The main positive to this mod is a reduction of steering input. I believe that the improved bearings do provide a "mild" improvement in turn-in response, but I think this is mainly noticed in left/right transition turning. Where as the stock suspension would have a split second of lag before the car began to turn, the control arms reduce this lag. It makes it feel as if the car is turning in faster, but it's not, it's just turning in sooner.

Another thing noticed is that the steering wheel feels a bit lighter, like the car is more eager to turn. This could be from the alignment settings or from the M3 control arm bearings. It's probably from both.

There is a mild about of increased vibration that I can feel through the steering wheel. I notice this mostly at slower (like parking lot) speeds. In normal driving situations, this comes off as " road feel" and it's not intrusive at all.

All in all, a great mod, and very reasonable for the price.

Here's my new alignment settings:

Front
Camber -1.30' / -1.06'
Toe (in) 0.02 / 0.05

Rear
Camber -1.54' / -1.49'
Toe (in) 0.06' / 0.04'

Great review! Everything you listed is exactly what I'm experiencing... One difference, I installed the tie rods (Meyle HD) while down there. Totals for this mod $350 with the DIY.
Appreciate 0