View Single Post
      02-21-2014, 05:52 PM   #5
e92_enthusiast_1
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '10 AW/CR e92 6mt 335i

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
In *theory* even if you dont clear the adapts it shoudl relearn them eventually, clearing them supposedly just speeds up the process AFAIK.

Unless you have the correct cables and software (INPA - believe this is BMW's propietary software or there's bmwLogger (3rd party)) and DIY knowledge you have to take it to either a) dealer or b) an indy shop.

Google bmwLogger2, there is some stuff the free version can do but idk if the adaptations reset is one of them. (Works on xp and up) - you still need the right cable.

If you want to go with INPA, I ordered mine on a CD/DVD off of ebay and it comes with the cable. Only works on Xp or Win 7. At the same time i ordered myself a little dedicated xp laptop just to have on hand for diagnostics. A nice old dell start at around $125 on ebay.

I plan on doing most of my own maintenance/troubleshooting and I felt this would be a worthwhile investment to stay on top of issues or to be able to recode things if needed. When i get the laptop im pretty sure ill end up using both pieces of software. BmwLogger2 is def more user friendly and the INPA one well is super customizeable (it will let you code/uncode special features on your car and do everything bmwLogger can do too just not user friendly plus i think it's all in German).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markcaughey View Post
2 days ago - around 50 miles

How do I reset that stuff. ?

Last edited by e92_enthusiast_1; 02-21-2014 at 06:04 PM.
e92_enthusiast_1 is offline   United_States