MR CROWN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335i/E46 ZHP

Idle Inquiry

Car: 08 e92 335i 6 speed
Mileage: 50K

Hello,

So I've done various searches on rough idle issues and most of the results I found when searching had to do with cold starts or generating some sort of light to come on. In my case, at idle either cold or warm, it just seems like the car has a slight rough idle however the RPMs remain at 600. The car still accelerates fine and I have not experienced any issues with the performance or have received any warning lights. Yesterday it was pretty warm outside about 80 degrees and while stopped at a light my RPM dipped down to 500 and started feeling rough. I immediately gave it a little throttle and the RPM returned back 600 and that was that.

Just purchased the car about a month ago from a dealer and based on the carfax, the car was brought in for maintenance regularly. I used Lucas injector cleaner 2 weeks ago and since I'm at 50k miles, I will be doing a spark plug change soon as well.

My question is if the n54 typically has a slightly rough idle? Or is this due to it needing the plugs to be changed?
Appreciate 0