View Single Post
      10-31-2007, 07:24 AM   #8
Z4tech
Australia
Rep

Drives: 323i Touring

Garage List
some initial impressions...

the steering is nicely weighted and understeer is well controlled. We have some excellent (twisty) roads in Tasmania and the BMW definitely has better resolved suspension than the liberty GT and my ex-Audi A4 quattro. I avoided the sport suspension with the 18's because I thought it would be too harsh but I am surprised how comfortable the car rides even with 18 inch runflats. Its certainly soaks up the frequent pot holes better than my Z4. I am now wondering whether I should have opted for the lowered the suspension.

I would definitely get the adaptive bi xenon headlights again and I like the automatic dipping left side mirror and the front PDC is surprisingly useful. I have the high beam assist and first impressions are good but I haven't tried it enough to comment. The comfort access is cool and impresses everyone but that wouldn't be the first option I would tick. Mine is the 140KW 323 and the power is adequate and I agree with some of the other posts that the difference between the 325 and 323 is not breathtaking. The bluetooth works very well with my Blackberry and the programmable idrive buttons are great although it would be nice if you could use a button to automatically display the sat nav map.

I will post some pictures when I wash it.