Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan
I lease (BMW's specifically
) for a few simple reasons....
- Lower out of pocket expense
- I don't drive many miles a year
- Historically, I have changed cars every few years, so I prefer to lease
- My car is always under warranty
- Open end leases give me the option to walk away
- Market risk is on the manufacturer
Leasing does not work for everybody, nor is it always the best financial decision for everybody. Sometimes leasing works in the favor of the individual, sometimes it doesn't. With BMW, and the better than average resale value, it isn't uncommon for a lease to work in favor of the individual. Alas, too many variables, an over abundance of conjecture.
Now let's hear it from the people who are pro-lease, and the inevitable viewpoints of those who are anti-lease.
Thank you Sedan_Clan for a concise and well explained reason for leasing. I would find it difficult to argue the merits. Well put.