Originally Posted by X5FX
for me its a major addition...
...here are some other things I noticed:
1. Map stays up when restarting car (dont have to go back thru menus)
2. POI search now
3. Audio sources now go instantly to source, no need to enter "play"
4. Arrow pops up when navigating on smaller screen
5. Route line on map is now much clearer
6. Bluetooth connects faster
7. On the nav screen, you can no longer click the "i" symbol on the left to turn off the icons. Now, it brings up another menu w/ options to turn on/off icons or search for other POI's...not as easy as the previos version, but more options.
8. BLUETOOTH- this is totally redone. You can now select "Start Pairing" in the IDrive (this wasnt possible before) There is also 3-4 new menu options including "Help". Overall, the pairing is quicker on my phone, and the bt connection happens alot faster when you enter the vehicle.
9. The CD interface is totally changed. The CD does not continue playing when you shut off the vehicle anymore.
10. Voice Commands seem to work better.
Also the Aux source can now be activated through the steering wheel controls. Before, you could only switch it through iDrive