View Single Post
      11-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #5
Flat Out 32
First Lieutenant

Drives: my feet.

The contact patch and the compound of the tire will change in relation to the new tire. If you get a similar tire in dimensions and compound/treadwear you will get a very similar steering feedback because the tire's properties dictate in large part these characteristics. Lighter wheels or harder tires definitely help. Hope this sorts out your questions.

Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
It might just be me, but i find the steering on my 335i e90 w/ SP to be absurdly heavy, especially when compared to my old e46. I don't consider myself weak either, but driving this thing agressively seems like a workout. Also, this is the first set of low profile, wide tires i have ever had the chance of driving, and cetainly the first set of run-flats. I've read about the dislike of the RFT's here on e90post and the positive impressions from those who removed them in favor of non-RFT's...

What im looking for specifically is what if any improvments people have found in the steering department. Does it feel lighter? More lively? More responsive?

Georgie Vazquez
Mayaguez, PR
R.I.P. 335i, 010 135i here!