09-27-2014, 10:48 PM   #3215
11LMBiSTT
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A to B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
Thanks for the replies and for clearing this up for me.

SteveF
Just hit up Pro Tuning Freaks. No need to spend $600 on a Dyno tune or any other pro tune. PTF price is $250 and they will retune as many times as you need or as you ad different mods at no additional costs but only on one octane level. If you change to race gas or ethanol in the future then that may require additional costs. If you have e85 readily available in your area then I recommend just getting a e40 map to begin with. The Cobb accessport itself runs about $400-$500 for a v2 or $650-$800 for a v3, they both do the same exact thing but the v3 has all the bells and whistles like a color screen and different gauge display options.

I ran e40 with just DCI and it was amazeballs! If you get downpipes and a fmic along with intakes that should net you over 400+hp and 400+tq to the wheels which is just right for the iS/n54 engines IMO.

I really like the ease and convenience of the Cobb accessport. I may switch to JB4 with a flash in the future but I don't really have any reason to unless of course your number/dyno hungry.
The way the pro tune by PTF drives is just perfect!

I just wish I could find someone to tune the DCT box.
Appreciate 0