Rep
Drives: 1991 318is; 2017 M2

Garage List
1991 BMW 318is  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCThree View Post
In defense of Cobb's protune, a lot of that money goes to dyno time. When I had my WRX protuned they made about 15 pulls and spent about 4 hours getting everything they could out of the car. It ran like a bat out of hell.

In fact the first time I brought it in I had just filled up with a full tank of chevron 93 and after about 3 hours they couldn't get anything out of the car because the computer kept pulling the timing. They told me to run it dry then load up with Shell 93 and bring it back for another try for no additional charge. That did the trick, they pulled 30whp/40tq over the OTS tune and with the crappy Chevron out of the tank. Side note, I am now a huge Shell fan.

I have read countless posts about how great PTF and their tunes are and I believe it. I just wanted to say the Cobb guys really do a great protune job and make a LOT of dyno pulls to get ya there.

Bottom line, either way you go you will be happy and $600 is still a lot of money!

Full disclosure: My experience is based on my 2009 WRX and with Cobb in Plano, TX.
So is that a fact? I've been searching out Chevron's because they seem like they are the only ones in Canada that offer 94 Octane. Do others have the same issue with their gas? And is Shell the best?
Appreciate 0