drbimmer97
Prvt 1st Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 528i xDrive M-sport

Garage List
2007 335xi  [0.00]
Interior Trim DIY Part 3 - Front Console

So after looking at the previous DIY's about this, i decided to post my own because some steps were left out and ..... i'm having fun doing this...so let's move on....

1. Detach the boot followed by the gear plate.
2. Starting from the edge near the armrest, lift up the trim using a screwdriver between 2 cards.

3. pull up the entire trim all the way to the ashtray. you should be able to lean the trim against your dash if you do it properly. this will make the next step easier.

4. remove the 4 foam pads
5. remove the ashtray wire harness
6. remove the 6 clips

7. remove the 4 torx screws that attach the ashtray to the console

8. DON'T FORGET TO REMOVE THE 4 SCREW CLIPS THAT SECURE THE TORX SCREWS. IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO SCREW BACK THE ASHTRAY.

At the point, i spent the next hour trying to remove the ashtray trim (about 20 minutes....broke only 1 CLIP !!!). be very gentle if you have aluminum trim as it may bend when you try to lift it up with a medium-sized screwdriver. it's best to use a small screwdriver and insert it on the rear end where you can see 2 wedges. insert it all the way to the shaft and just roll it under the edge of the trim.

I had to file off some of the inner edge of the ashtray cover and the edge of the base of the ashtray cover. I already told Bav about this issue.

Once you're satisfied with the fitment of the ashtray cover, set up the front end first then open the cover, and snap the tabs at the rear.

now you're home free....

9. attach the rear module to the console, rear end first. Bav's trim also had some minor fitment issues here so you may have to file off one of the tabs on the driver's side.

10. attach the ashtray. at this point, make sure that your ashtray opens and closes without hitting the console trim. Again, i had to file the inner edge of the console trim since i had some minimal rubbing.

11. replace your clips, ashtray harness and foam pads.

12. starting from the ashtray end, snap your console trim back in place.

13. snap your gear plate and boot back in place.

14. have another beer...:happyanim :

My new CF Interior !!!! Woohoo !!!!

ashtray

center console

dashboard trim

door trim

Got it done in time for the Chicago meet this weekend !!!

To those who were part of the BavDom group buy, I hope you guys enjoy your new trim as much as I am....

Last edited by drbimmer97; 11-20-2007 at 10:44 PM..
Appreciate 0