View Single Post
      11-18-2007, 12:32 AM   #335
CALIF65GM
Colonel

Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aequitas330 View Post
I've still never seen one of these in person, the dealerships around here haven't had any since I've been looking. Is mystic blue almost like a chameleon paint? It seems like there is such a wide range of hue with this color.
The color was not popular and dealers don't order them for inventory. I only saw one on my dealer's lot and it was ordered as a Loaner. As an example, the day of my delivery, they parked the car in the showroom. A CA with a couple walked by it and pointed it out that it was Mystic Blue and the lady immediately said "nahhhh". I was standing towards the rear of the car and I could hear the conversation.

Not really a chameleon color, but it can be rather dull when it's dirty. When it's clean and in direct sunlight then it becomes more alive.

It'll be tough finding a used one. In 2-years, I think I can count on my hands all of the Mystic Blue e90s that I've seen. I see a lot more of them on the 5s.

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock